Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Run or Dye (or is it Die)!

The things I'll do for my boy!  

Grom heard about a Color Run and decided it would be a lot of fun.  I heard of one coming to our area, Surferman volunteered to join us.  Memories were made.

Here's our before picture.

My guys were great about waiting up for me.
Can you see all the runners behind them?

Run or Dye is a 5K Fun Run.  There are dye stations along the route where you get pelted with bright colored powdered dye.  So much fun.


Here's our after picture!

I can't say I did much running, but I sure had a lot of fun and completed my first "race". 



Here's some well earned wisdom in case you ever participate in a color run.
  1. Get a pair of cheap sunglasses to wear.  You will get dye in your face.  My much-loved Maui Jim's will never be the same.
  2.  All that dye will come out.  Don't think you'll have a great shirt after, it mostly washes out.  
  3.  A snack sized ziploc bag is the perfect sized to protect your phone, and you can still take pictures through it.
  4. We got a back pack when we checked in and all of us were reluctant to use it.  It would've been very handy to carry water and sunscreen.  Anyone want a brand-new Run or Dye backpack?  I don't know what to do with them now.  sheesh!
  5. Leave plenty of time for parking and getting started.  There were over 9,000 runners at our race.  These are very popular events.
  6. Baby wipes work for cleaning off the majority of the dye.  Bring towels for your car to keep the seats cleanish.  I was also glad that I wore a tank top under my t-shirt.  After the race, I took off my t-shirt and was able to shake off a lot of the powder.
  7. Plan to go somewhere for lunch.  Wear your dye proudly.  You just finished a 5K.


No comments:

Post a Comment